Linux Questions Desktop Environment of the Year - interesting result

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Feb 13 20:47:26 UTC 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>  The LQ poll proves it was the latter.

I don't like Gnome 3 either. From the largely outsider perspective and new to linux in general, I get the impression Gnome dev is on a mission, of unknown origin, and could absolutely care less about any feedback, except large scale rejection of Gnome 3.

Nevertheless, the LQ poll can prove nothing. It is unlikely to be a scientific sample. And even if it turned out to be one, there is no data to prove it's a scientific sample. Fedora DE vs KDE spin download ratio compared to past release ratios would be more suggestive of a trend, if it exists.

Chris Murphy