[Test-Announce] Proven tester status

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 02:20:38 UTC 2012

Just wanted to make note of the current status of proven testers. As
decided by FESCo late last year, proven tester feedback now has exactly
the same status as non-proven tester feedback, effectively rendering it
pointless to be a proven tester.

I have added a note about this to the proven tester page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Proven_tester

As noted there, and as discussed at meetings and with FESCo, I'm hopeful
we'll be able to make use of proven tester status again once Bodhi 2.0
hits. Therefore I don't think we should take down all the documentation,
kill the group, or stop accepting membership requests. But do be aware
that, at present, proven tester status is basically meaningless.

Of course, there'll be lots of discussion at QA meetings and FESCo
meetings before we decide whether and how to 'reactivate' the group.

Thanks all!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey