Fedora 17 Mass branching

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 18:15:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 12:59 -0500, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> What's the policy to get a bugfix to Alpha?

It should be the case now that 17 is frozen and only blocker/NTH fixes
can land; I don't know if releng has actually implemented that at this
time, but AIUI that's where we should be.

So that's the point where you can do builds and submit them as updates
but they won't be marked 'stable' unless they fix accepted blocker or
NTH bugs. Once Alpha is done and shipped, we unfreeze 17 and then you
can get fixes in simply by following the normal update process (do a
build, submit it as an update, push it stable when it has sufficient
karma).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey