/usrmove? -> about the future

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 20:30:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 18:10 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.02.2012 17:59, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:

> >> What world are you living in?
> >
> > bash-completion is not a default package.  Obviously only a small
> > percentage of users are going to use it.  This isn't something you need
> > to debate about.  If it was used by the majority, it would be there by
> > default already.
>
> it is used by all professional users using mostly a terminal

yeah...I'm getting paid for this, so I guess I'm a professional user,
and I use terminals an awful lot, but I don't use bash-completion. Every
time I ever tried it I found, like Rahul, that it makes things slow and
tends to get in my way more than it ever does help me.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey