Minimal Install & Network Manager

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Feb 16 16:24:35 UTC 2012

Hello,

   Not sure if this is a bug persay. However I've installed Alpha RC2,
and to speed up the install I requested 'Minimal', since the first
install had a grub issue. Second install worked fine, system boots up.
However the network interface doesn't 'work' because the minimal install
is without NM... I presume not having NM in a minimal install is by
design, however I'm wondering if when that method is chosen as an
install whether detected network devices shouldn't have NM_CONTROLLED=no
so that the network interfaces come up. I can file a bug if desired, but
I didn't know if there was a reason for the current setup...

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613