Please create Fedora 17 in Bugzilla

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 23:41:55 UTC 2012

> Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
> > Ian Pilcher (arequipeno at gmail.com) said:
> > > Anaconda in Fedora 17 Alpha RC2 cannot upload tracebacks to Bugzilla,
> > > because Bugzilla doesn't think Fedora 17 exists.
> >
> > Done.
> >
> > > Is it carved into a stone tablet somewhere that we have to do this
> > > dance for every release?
> >
> > It should be in a SOP somewhere. (Doesn't mean it is.)
>
> It doesn't appear to be in the standard "new release" SOP/tickets. I've
> updated the SOP so it is.

One of the problems is not many people have the powah to do it (or
possibly some of us do, but don't know it). I'm pretty sure I don't. I
usually bug the program manager to do this every cycle, but I don't
think either John or Robyn could actually do it directly, they had to
try and find the correct Grand Bugzilla Poobah within RH to get it done.

This is why it always turns into a dance - lots of people know it needs
to be done, but few of us actually have the power and know how the hell
to _do_ it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey