Please create Fedora 17 in Bugzilla

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:25:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 03:49:44PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 15:41 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > This is why it always turns into a dance - lots of people know it needs
> > to be done, but few of us actually have the power and know how the hell
> > to _do_ it.
>
> I see from this SOP:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life_SOP#Bugzilla
>
> that releng apparently has access to the
> 'fedora-admin-xmlrpc at redhat.com' Bugzilla account, and that has the
> power to edit the list of versions. I guess we should ensure whoever's
> program manager has access to the same account.

Any (and only) people in the sysadmin-main fas group have official access to
this account.  I would document the steps for how to do this in the rel-eng
SOPs but have a note to contact someone in this group (#fedora-admin if no
one in rel-eng is presently available to use it).

In the past, I believe that we did not use this account for making these
changes and so we had to find an actual bugzilla admin that had the
necessary bugzilla permissions and know-how.  We do have this account now
and we can make use of it so it is a small step forward.

-Toshio