systemd system unit files and UsrMove

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 17 17:25:23 UTC 2012

Am 17.02.2012 18:20, schrieb Nathaniel McCallum:
>     >  Sure, as time permits and when such can be done without harming user experience.
>
>     FOR WHAT REASON?
>
>     such changes do ALWAYS harming user experience
>
>     why?
>     becaus eoperating systems are (or where it seems) made to give users
>     the base for their own work, scripts, automatisms and the idea of
>     linux once was give users a CUSTOMIZEABLE system
>
>     by permanently change thins for the sake of the change you
>     are killing the "customizeable" becasue it is better not
>     do this at all to be safe for useless changes made from bored
>     people upstream your OS
>
>     PLEASE STOP THIS BAD ATTITUDE DAMAGE PERMANENTLY CUSTOMIZED
>     SYSTEMS JUST FOR FUN OR YOU WILL NEVER IN THIS LIFE HAVE
>     USERS USING LINUX IF THEY WANT TO DO MORE THAN INSERT A DVD
>     AND EAT WHAT SOMEONE OTHER DECIDED IS GOOD FOR THEM
>

> So we should never change anything, right? Tone down the rhetoric please.
> I'm asking for gradual evolution here without pain.

i do NOT TONE DOWN
you are asking for changes nobody needs

where did i say "never change anything"
i said "do not things that are ain't broken"

if you are bored searh for work but not for changeing
things working to produce all sort of bugs over the long
which are giving you work again by try to fix them

where does /lib/systemd hurt you?
where does most other locations currently used hurt you?
why are they hurting you?
are they hurting you so bad that you do not find any useful
work to do instead proposing changes for the sake of the change?

i am one of the idiots who have to deal with useless chnages
stealing me the time to make useful ones in software dveloped
by me - so what do you think which sort of answer yiu get
propose stealing more and more of my time for NOTHING?