systemd system unit files and UsrMove

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 17:28:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 17:17 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 05:09 PM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> >
> >  Sure, as time permits and when such can be done without harming user
> > experience.
>
> Why bother only with unit files? Users never touch those the ones in
> /lib/systemd/system or /usr/lib/systemd/system anyway so there is no
> breakage for them...

Well, as we discussed the other day on IRC, we pretty much all agreed
that it's not in the spirit of the FHS to have these files in /lib
or /usr/lib. The only reason they were ever in /lib to begin with is
because /share didn't exist (and at the time we were (correctly)
positioning systemd as being prefix=/ and not prefix=/usr).