systemd system unit files and UsrMove

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:12:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 06:25:23PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.02.2012 18:20, schrieb Nathaniel McCallum:
> >     >  Sure, as time permits and when such can be done without harming user experience.
> >
> >     FOR WHAT REASON?
> >
> >     such changes do ALWAYS harming user experience
> >
> >     why?
> >     becaus eoperating systems are (or where it seems) made to give users
> >     the base for their own work, scripts, automatisms and the idea of
> >     linux once was give users a CUSTOMIZEABLE system
> >
> >     by permanently change thins for the sake of the change you
> >     are killing the "customizeable" becasue it is better not
> >     do this at all to be safe for useless changes made from bored
> >     people upstream your OS
> >
> >     PLEASE STOP THIS BAD ATTITUDE DAMAGE PERMANENTLY CUSTOMIZED
> >     SYSTEMS JUST FOR FUN OR YOU WILL NEVER IN THIS LIFE HAVE
> >     USERS USING LINUX IF THEY WANT TO DO MORE THAN INSERT A DVD
> >     AND EAT WHAT SOMEONE OTHER DECIDED IS GOOD FOR THEM
> >

> > So we should never change anything, right? Tone down the rhetoric please.
> > I'm asking for gradual evolution here without pain.
>
> i do NOT TONE DOWN

You really should.

> you are asking for changes nobody needs

Because, while there are relevant objections to features being presented,
the manner in which you present them means that people want to dismiss them.
In fact, your tone has become so over the top that people have gone from
wanting to dismiss to actually dismissing them.

Unless you are trying to use reverse psychology, this is serving nobody's
interests.

-Toshio