Bundling?!

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:47:13 UTC 2012

I've tried to package Adobe Source Libraries, (BZ:790628). Once again,
I'm running into bundling issues.. The situation is basically that ASL
build system expects a boost source tree to be available. This is not
just to include and link, it's for the complete build process. I've
dealt with it by having having the source tree available during build,
and thus in the source. As a  last step; I've relinked the resulting
library against system boost libraries.

Although I presently don't, I could easily use system include files as
well during build. Basically, this means that there are no dependencies
between the built lib and and the private boost copy.

The alternative is to  patch the boost-based build system in ASL.
However, this means diverging quite a lot from upstream build system,
and is less attractive from that point of view.

Any hints, out there? Can I use the "Conditionalized functionality"
exception  here since I'm not using the bundled boost in any way in the
installed libs?