rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:01:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:23:53 +0100, PM (Patrick) wrote:

> Since packages belonging to maintainer that have not changed their
> password have been removed, I keep being notified about a broken
> dependency in package "insight", depending on "iwidgets".
>
> "iwidgets" has been deprecated and thus, as long as this situation
> remains, "insight" will be broken.
>
> Consequently, I orphaned "insight" because it is not maintainable
> anymore.
>
> Even since I orphaned it, I receive lots of reports about broken
> dependencies for rawhide and F17.
>
> Please someone: do something to stop this spamming. I do not want to be
> constrained to blacklist the buildsys :-(
>
> Thanks to whoever can take an action.

*You* could have avoided this by _retiring_ "insight" properly:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

You could take "insight" back to retire it.

The reason you receive the Rawhide build report mails is that you're
a member of the insight-owner@ mail alias.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.0-0.rc3.git7.2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.14 0.25 0.19