[Test-Announce] Fedora 17 Alpha Release Candidate 3 (RC3) Available Now!

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 21 17:12:54 UTC 2012

> For the record, we intentionally don't include a direct download link in
> the announcement, because we want to strongly encourage people to read
> the actual testing instructions before downloading.

Actually, I don't use direct download links because it scales better.
There are several test pages, and each one in general has several
download links. It's less error-prone for me to get the download links
correct in each of the test pages, and then just say at the beginning of
each announcement "Please see the following pages for download links
(including delta ISOs) and testing instructions" than to try to
duplicate all that. Also, everything in each announcement competes for
people's attention, so the extra content would make it harder to find
everything else in it.

(Sorry for not replying in-thread, but Gmane only shows my original
post, not the replies.)