/usrmove? -> about the future

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 21:57:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 12:31 -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
> [...]

Joking, no. Rather a lot of context was lost in the above. I was
replying to Harald Reindl (I know, I know, that's always a mistake), who
has often asserted that the systemd migration is 'broken by design'
because we did not attempt to migrate every single sysv service in the
entire distro to be systemd native within the timeframe of a single
release. I pointed out that the migration process was always intended to
be gradual, and systemd was specifically written with sysv compatibility
in order to allow this.

I agree that '100% sysv-compatible' was an inaccurate description, but
chopping that statement out from the context of the discussion in which
I wrote it makes it look much more egregiously so than it actually was.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey