rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 21 23:25:59 UTC 2012

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 02/21/2012 10:25 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> File a ticket with FESCo with your proposed change in the policy.
>>
>> Why does it need a policy change at all to apply a 1-2 day grace period?
>
> Any change in policy requires you to file a ticket with FESCo.  If you
> just want to rant instead, feel free.

My point is that this does not require any change in policy, just an admin
applying common sense rather than following the letter of the policy to the
absurd. It's unfortunate that here, the humans are serving the policy rather
than the opposite!

Do we really need a policy saying "Use common sense. In case of conflicts,
this supersedes all other policies."? Why isn't this obvious? :-/

        Kevin Kofler