rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 21 23:59:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 00:39:10 +0100
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> >> Why does it need a policy change at all to apply a 1-2 day grace
> >> period?
> >
> > Any change in policy requires you to file a ticket with FESCo.  If
> > you just want to rant instead, feel free.
>
> So to make you happy, let's fight bureaucracy through bureaucracy:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/808
> :-/
>
> We need more decisions taken through thought processes, lenience and
> helpfulness and fewer decisions taken through inflexible bureaucracy
> and rigid policies.

I answered in the ticket, but perhaps I'll ask here too...

Was there any actual request by someone who wanted to maintain this
package ? 2 days after orphaning? where?

In any case, I'm happy to help out... if the prospective new maintainer
wants I would be happy to review the package. Just submit it and cc me.

kevin