Some fedora projects are still not using transifex (properly)

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Wed Feb 22 07:03:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> We need (and in fact
> every Open Source project should require) proper attribution for the
> patches we merge into our projects, and that means that commits are
> properly split up.

Hey Lennart,

I feel commits are not the best way to handle neither translation nor
attribution for a number of reasons.

The attribution issue was fixed in the following way: Transifex
remembers every single translation and adds the copyright information
in the PO file header itself, which is probably the optimal way to
give attribution. You can use this information in your release notes.
If needed, we can provide an API call to provide you with this
information too.

 # Translators:
 # Diego Búrigo Zacarão <diegobz at indifex.com>, 2011.
 # Zbyněk Schwarz <zbynek.schwarz at gmail.com>, 2011, 2012.

> I have not been following development of Tx closely, so maybe there's
> now some toolset available to convert the combined translation updates
> as individual git commits. Is there?

There hasn't been a high enough demand for this to sit down and
develop it. There's a quite rich API available and a git-like client
which can be tweaked to produce git-like commits.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
Founder and CEO, Transifex