/usrmove? -> about the future

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Feb 23 18:06:00 UTC 2012

On 2/19/12 3:43 AM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On 2012-02-18 20:26, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 02/18/2012 11:05 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>>
>>> You can get the completion to work according to that preference with for
>>> example yum install ./foo<TAB>  - anything that looks like a filesystem
>>> path triggers filename-only completion, otherwise we do both filenames
>>> and repos.
>>
>> That's atleast understandable but there seems to be a big slowdown when
>> doing rpmlint tab completion as well.  Not sure why.  rpmlint foo<tab>
>> is much slower with bash-completion installed.
>
> The same thing applies to rpmlint.  Anything that looks like a file path
> gets treated as a file path and is quick; otherwise we need to look up
> both files and rpmdb, and even though it has been getting better, the
> latter unfortunately isn't that quick.

Could you help me figure out why path completion with ~/ isn't working
in fedpkg, but with full paths it is?  I assume there is something wrong
in the (contributed) bash completion file.

https://fedorahosted.org/fedpkg/browser/src/fedpkg.bash

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk