collectd & usrmove (iptables)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Feb 27 15:57:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:40:10 +0100
Andrew Elwell <andrew.elwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Feel free to apply as a co-maintainer :)
>
> OK I may just do that if these patches look OK.
>
> > What we might want to do is package up a parallel installable
> > 'collectd5' for epel6. This would allow people to migrate to it as
> > desired. I'm not sure how difficult it will be to parallel install
> > it however.
>
> would collectd5 then obsolete collectd on epel6 then?
> (not sure how the logistics of paralell (or not) installs work

No.

Users would be able to user either collectd (4.x) or install collectd5
and switch to that. Updates should be available to both streams.

If at some point down the road upstream stops supporting 4.x and
maintainers are unable to backport all the fixes, at that point they
could look at dropping support for it, or migrating users to 5.

kevin