"master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 08:58:45 UTC 2012

Dne 28.2.2012 02:59, Jesse Keating napsal(a):
> On 2/27/12 5:53 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Jesse Keating wrote:
>>> I was looking for a way to determine the behavior of the master branch
>>> (for the sake of dist values) without hitting the network, as that
>>> would
>>> break git's ability to work offline.  The best I could come up with at
>>> the time this code was written was to check and see what other branches
>>> existed, and just increment the biggest one by one.  I welcome
>>> suggestions for better ways to manage this.
>>
>> What was wrong with the good old dist-rawhide target? Making master
>> always
>> use a rawhide target obviates the need of having to check out what n in
>> fn-candidate to build for.
>>
>>          Kevin Kofler
>>

> Because you still don't know what %{?dist} (and others) should be.
> What does "dist-rawhide" mean?  Well it could be .fc17, or it could
> mean .fc18, which could make a big difference to conditionals within
> the spec file.
>
> Although the plan was at one time to make use of the dist-rawhide
> target, I'm not sure what derailed that plan, and if possible we
> should go through with that plan, but the above problem remains (it'd
> just come into play less often).

If you say to Koji that it should checkout master at remote machine,
build a SRPM etc, why the Koji can't determine the proper %{?dist} at
remote machine? Why it takes the %{?dist} from local machine instead? It
makes no sense. It might work for other branches, but master is bit
different, so it should be handled differently.

Vit