F17, Apple, EFI boot, livecd-tools

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 29 06:30:36 UTC 2012

On Feb 28, 2012, at 11:21 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I suppose it might be interesting to see if grub2-efi works any
> better...

It's been a year since I've tested it so it needs to be retested. But I do know that doesn't fix bug 765954, so the machine is, for me, functionally useless as a laptop with just a text console.

>> 5.
>> At reboot/poweroff time, there's a LOT of extra "garbage" information being produced on-screen compared to F16. It goes by quick enough and isn't logged, so I'm not sure if it's important. But I do get a reboot, albeit with about a 1 minute delay over F16.
>
> I suspect 'yum install plymouth' may help with that.

With rhgb and quiet disabled on F16 and F17, so plymouth is a non-factor. I just get a lot (like probably 10+ screenfulls) of repetitive text that scrolls by very quickly with F17. This comes after the unmounting of filesystems sequence, where as on F16 the computer shuts down. This only happens on actual hardware, in VM, I'm not seeing much of a difference.

Chris Murphy