Torvalds:requiring root password for mundane things is moronic

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Feb 29 12:51:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:41:52PM +0100, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> PS: it would be useful to have some GUI tool to configure PolicyKit.
> Everytime I clean my system I have to dig through dozens of manual
> pages just to get virt-manager without a password for my user.

  Once upon a time, there was one, quite useful even:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3036/2714263023_a1fbfb8f03.jpg
(from http://magazine.redhat.com/2008/07/29/whats-next-in-red-hat-enterprise-linux-part-1/ )

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|