Meat the Beefy Miracle: Announcing the release of Fedora 17 Alpha!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 17:40:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 09:07 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> == Issues and Details ==
>
> For more information including common and known bugs, tips on how to
> report bugs, and the official release schedule, please refer to the
> release notes:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_17_Alpha_release_notes
>
> A shorter list of common bugs can be found here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F17_bugs

Thanks Dennis!

As this is buried at the bottom of the announcement I thought I'd give
it a shout-out, because this particular Alpha is pretty Alpha and has an
assortment of rather large bugs which lots of you will likely run into.
So please, really do read the common bugs page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F17_bugs

That's:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F17_bugs

where you will find out all about minor problems like the installer's
propensity to explode at the slightest touch (other distributions
present, or a btrfs partition) and sound not working at all out of the
box. Really. You're going to want to read it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey