Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with gcc-4.7.0-0.1.fc17

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Jan 2 18:03:44 UTC 2012

Nils Philippsen wrote:
> I've attached a list of packages and (co)maintainers, to easily find if
> one of your packages is affected or not.
> iwhd: meyering - clalance,zaitcev

Thank you for the list.

I have just tried to build iwhd on F16 using a pretty recent gcc-4.7.x
(built manually: 4.7.0 20111202), and it worked fine, so I'm not quite
sure why iwhd is on the list.  Maybe the gcc-4.7.x that Jakub used
lacks something that's in my Dec 2 snapshot, or maybe it's simply a
problem in a dependent that has been fixed in the interim.

Oh!!! I see it.
The tested version (the one in rawhide) is iwhd-1.1,
while the latest is 1.2 (which is in F16).  Shame on me
for not putting the latest also in rawhide.

Is there some sort of reminder service that could be configured
to nag the maintainers of a package in a situation like this?
Personally, I would appreciate it, and I think Fedora would
benefit if we could do something to minimize reverse-version
skew between Fedora-latest and rawhide.

Even if it's just a weekly posting of offenders to fedora-devel,
so people know it's an issue...