Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with gcc-4.7.0-0.1.fc17

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 14:39:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 07:03:44PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:

> I have just tried to build iwhd on F16 using a pretty recent gcc-4.7.x
> (built manually: 4.7.0 20111202), and it worked fine, so I'm not quite
> sure why iwhd is on the list.  Maybe the gcc-4.7.x that Jakub used
> lacks something that's in my Dec 2 snapshot, or maybe it's simply a
> problem in a dependent that has been fixed in the interim.

iwhd was in the totally non-analyzed lists, which built normally
in rawhide x86_64 mock and failed to build with
that plus my gcc 4.7.0 + libtool repo.
The failure was:
checking gc.h presence... yes
checking for gc.h... yes
checking for mongo/client/dbclient.h... no
configure: error: Missing Mongo DB client development library: mongodb-devel
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ndPEGn (%build)
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.ndPEGn (%build)
RPM build errors:
Child returncode was: 1

Given the huge amount of packages, I really don't have time to look
at every one, the mass rebuild was performed mainly to determine
gcc 4.7 readiness and find out most common porting issues when porting
from 4.6 to 4.7.  The rebuilds were all done using mock, while with the
same set of package NVRs (taken from 23rd SRPMS list), the rawhide distro
could very well be slightly changing even over the period of the few
days it took to rebuild everything.

BTW, the stdbool configury problem I wrote about is solved on the
gcc side, we optimize again the (not strictly valid) test and thus
the standard autoconf 2.6[0-7] stdbool detection should work again.

	Jakub