Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with gcc-4.7.0-0.1.fc17

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jan 4 20:22:21 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-03 16:07, Jan Kratochvil wrote:

> If you never do a build in Rawhide - your latest build is the F16 one
> - Rawhide automatically inherits the F16 (or older) builds.
> I find it useful.

Me too, but beware, sometimes the inheritance is explicitly disabled.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-January/147592.html

> Once you do a first Rawhide build I do not know how to revert it.

In my experience inheritance starts to work again after the next
release.  So if you built for f17 rawhide, when rawhide becomes f18 it
starts to pull in f17 stuff again.