using a macro in ExclusiveArch

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 13:59:31 UTC 2012

I've already written suggestion to redhat-rpm-config owner to plug
dependencies maintained by particular SIGs (like perl or ada) to get
them controll over macros in minimal build root. However he has never
replied.

I think this is inevitabla to allow smooth upgrades and boot-strapping
of big package ecosystems (like perl or ada). If you are interrested in
this area, I can resend the (quite long) mail to fedora-devel, where we
can discuss more and get some resolution. E.g. a ticket to FPC/FESCo to
allow/force this solution.

-- Petr