mysql is now a critpath package? WTF?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 17:36:25 UTC 2012

Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> writes:
> El Thu, 05 Jan 2012 12:16:34 -0500
> Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> escribió:
>> So I submitted a routine bodhi request for updating mysql, and was
>> astonished to find that it's marked as critpath.  It was never that
>> before.  Who decided this, and would it not have been polite to
>> involve or at least notify the package maintainer?

> its an automated process. something in the package set that defines the
> critical path has added a dep on mysql so its been added. at least
> thats my guess as to whats happened.

That answer doesn't make me any happier.  I've got a problem with being
saddled with an extra layer of bureaucracy without any say-so on my
part, and I'm also quite nervous about the idea of something that is
genuinely critpath depending on something as rickety as mysql.

How would I find out exactly where the dep came from, so I can have
a word with that package's maintainer?

			regards, tom lane