Rebuild for GCC-4.7

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jan 5 18:50:58 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-05 20:34, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
>> On 2012-01-05 19:18, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>
>>> ideally drop all the disttags prior to fc17
>>
>> I hope I'm just having trouble parsing this correctly.  Could you
>> rephrase?
>
> Rebuild all packages, so they end up with fc17 disttags, to help avoid the
> "why do I have a fc15 package on my f17 box" type questions.

Ok, that's not how I parsed it.

BTW, the answer to that type of questions would be "Because we do not
rebuild stuff for fun -- doing so would cause potentially a lot to
download and install for people upgrading from earlier distro versions
just to get a number in some package release tags changed.".