Rebuild for GCC-4.7

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jan 5 21:38:48 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 10:06 PM, Jon Masters wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 21:47 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> I guess you are referring an "ordered rebuild", not a "simple sequential
>> rebuild".
>>
>> The latter would be mostly useless.
>
> For bootstrapping, ideally there would be ordered rebuilds, but even any
> mass rebuild assists more than having none at all :)

Well, all these sequential "mass rebuilds" are useful for, is to check
whether the current toolchain can build a previously buildable package :)

They do not mean the resulting packages are more or less broken than
those having been built by predecessors of the toolchains.

[Remember, in recent years, we have several times been hit by cases when
rebuilts inherited bugs from e.g. rpm, glibc, or GCC.]

Ralf