mysql is now a critpath package? WTF?

Stijn Hoop stijn at sandcat.nl
Fri Jan 6 08:11:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:38:57 -0600
Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Stijn Hoop wrote:
>
> > Well it also took them two years to consider 'NFS mounted home' a
> > valid use case, during which the whole 'you really need MySQL!!!'
> > was broken for our site.
>
> It's easy to switch (maybe I should blog about it... )
>
> per user:  kcmshell4 akonadi
>
> per machine/site:  create/edit  /etc/xdg/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to
> contain: [%General]
> Driver=QSQLITE3
>
> -- rex

Thank you, that is good to know. In the end we worked around it by
moving the MySQL socket to a local directory. This was not perfect
because accidentally starting KMail on a second machine, while logged
in on the first, caused havoc in fun ways, but it did get rid of the
occasional "I've lost my mail" NFS+MySQL fun.

--Stijn