using a macro in ExclusiveArch

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 10:29:58 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-05, Björn Persson <bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> wrote:
> The simplest solution seems to be to let SIG members co-maintain
> redhat-rpm-config. Did you have some more elaborate solution in mind?

My idea is to let SIGs to maintain their specific standalone packages
injecting files into /etc/rpm and to ask redhat-rpm-config owner to
require the SIG-maintaned packages.

This would allow SIGs to tune build-root macros without disturbing
redhat-rpm-config. On the other hand it would weaken surveillance over
the changes.

There is also processing advantage---each SIG has different policy who
is core SIG developer (usually co-maintainers of the main
intrepreter/compiler). My solution does not hassle redhat-rpm-config
with these problems.

-- Petr