Inactive package maintainers cleanup on 2012-01-10

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 6 18:01:29 UTC 2012

Greetings.

Last year we asked everyone to change their fedora account system
password and upload a new ssh public key. The deadline for this was
2011-11-30. Those who had not uploaded a new key or changed their
password were marked 'inactive' in the fedora account system.

Some subset of those inactive users were/are package maintainers.
On 2012-01-10, we are going to remove these inactive users from package
acls. This will result in some packages being orphaned and available
for other maintainers. Any packages not owned prior to Feature Freeze
for Fedora 17 (2012-02-07) will be retired.

A full list of users and packages and acls affected as of 2012-01-06 can
be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3046

If you know a user who is currently inactive and affected by this
process and have a way to contact them, please ask them to change their
password and upload a new ssh key and they will continue to hold their
package acls.

More information:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/Schedule
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Deprecate_orphaned_packages