Rawhide perl dependency generator flaky?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jan 8 19:42:13 UTC 2012

I've been doing some rebuilds of my packages for the gcc 4.7 mass
rebuild and when comparing the F16 and newly-rebuilt packages, I seem
to be losing a lot of the perl dependencies.

For instance, with smbldap-tools, rpmdiff says (amongst other things):

removed     REQUIRES perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.14.1)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Digest::MD5)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Digest::SHA1)
removed     REQUIRES perl(FindBin)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Getopt::Long)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Getopt::Std)
removed     REQUIRES perl(MIME::Base64)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Net::LDAP::LDIF)
removed     REQUIRES perl(Time::Local)
removed     REQUIRES perl(lib)
removed     REQUIRES perl(smbldap_tools)
added       REQUIRES perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.14.2)

The Digest::MD5 dependency for instance *should* be there because it
appears in the /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd script:

use Digest::MD5 qw(md5);

Similarly, I did a rebuild of the main perl package on Friday and it
appears to have dropped some dependencies too:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/perl-devel/2012-January/044150.html

Perhaps it's not such a good idea to do a mass rebuild until we figure
out what's going on here, lest we have to do it all again?

Paul.