Kernel 3.1 being phased out, time for 3.2 in F-16?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 9 04:08:43 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 14:55:58 +1100,
  Bojan Smojver <bojan at rexursive.com> wrote:

> I was thinking more along the lines of:
>
> - an official updates-testing build is more likely to reach more people
> (it is great that that Rawhide build works, but not many will try it
> like that)

You really can't do that the way things are now. That would block doing
updates to the current (in updates) kernel that are needed. Some kernel
developers put builds up on their fedorapeople pages to make these packers
available.

It might make some sense to have a separate repo for the lastest kernels
on released versions of Fedora. Maybe one than one, since some people may
be willing to test RCs and other people just want to get a jump on trying
the latest released kernel.