GCC 4.7 build issues: error: no matching function for call...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:21:59 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM, David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com> wrote:
> If one looks at the source, it is immediately clear where the problem
> is: the Annotation::add() template is const and tries to call non-const
> members. But that is nothing new in gcc 4.7--I wonder how it ever
> buit before... Anyway, the attached patch should fix it.

Well, immediately clear is relative to how much C you know :)

I had actually stared at the error and source long enough and pretty
much came to the same conclusion, although with far less certainty,
but didn't have a clue on how to fix it.

Well, that's not entirely true. Now that I look at it, I ended up with
the exact same patch. :)  But thanks for the confirmation that it was
the right solution!

Thanks,
Richard