Question about retiring a package

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Jan 9 15:16:50 UTC 2012

I want to retire shmpps in Fedora 16+, leaving it in F15 and EPEL.  I
haven't retired a package, so I wanted to double check the process.  I
should just retire the F16 and devel branches and that will leave the
rest active, right?

I'm retiring it because it is no longer needed.  shmpps is a hack to get
PPS time signals into ntpd on systems without kernel PPS support.  The
Linux kernel now has PPS support, and Fedora 16 includes the userspace
tools, so I don't see any reason to keep this package around.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>