cmake parallel make problem.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 20:59:42 UTC 2012

openCOLLADA has had issues with parallel makes from the beginning and
at the time I didn't know cmake well enough to do anything about it.
Apparently I still haven't gotten it figured out.

I've gone through the CMakeLists.txt and added "add_dependencies(..."
but I think that's redundant because target_link_libraries is getting
set properly.

It looks like it's a simple problem of the library,
OpenCOLLADABaseUtils, not getting built before another library target,
GeneratedSaxParser, tries to link against it.

The main CMakeLists.txt file seems to list them in the correct order
but I'm not sure if that implies anything:
# building OpenCOLLADA libs
add_subdirectory(COLLADABaseUtils)
add_subdirectory(COLLADAFramework)
add_subdirectory(GeneratedSaxParser)
add_subdirectory(COLLADASaxFrameworkLoader)
add_subdirectory(COLLADAStreamWriter)

GeneratedSaxParser obviously has OpenCOLLADABaseUtils as a target link library:
set(TARGET_LIBS
        OpenCOLLADABaseUtils
)

So shouldn't cmake know to build OpenCOLLADABaseUtils before trying to
link against it?

Thanks,
Richard