cmake parallel make problem.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:22:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> I've gone through the CMakeLists.txt and added "add_dependencies(..."
>> but I think that's redundant because target_link_libraries is getting
>> set properly.
>
> I'm not sure this is redundant, as I would imaging it would be hard to infer
> the origin of the target_link_library (ie, if it's local or not).

Do you mean this could be a scope issue? From what I gathered reading
the cmake documentation, add_dependencies was most useful for custom
and external targets. Everything builds fine if I force "-j1" so I
think it's trying to build things in the right order. Perhaps one job
is finishing before another and it just doesn't understand it needs to
wait for another job to finish?

> (I'll try to look into it, and let you know if I find anything that
> indicates otherwise).

Thanks!
Richard