Packages with inactive owners orphaned and inactive comaintainers removed

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jan 11 03:36:24 UTC 2012

On 01/11/2012 03:30 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> As part of the announced cleanup after the mass password and ssh key reset,
> packages that had owners who were inactive at this time were orphaned.
> comaintainer who were inactive were likewise removed from packages.
>
> The list of orphaned packages is here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/attachment/ticket/3046/to-be-orphaned.txt

> The list of packages that lsot comaintainers is here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/attachment/ticket/3046/to-be-losing-comaints.txt
>
> The perl-* packages owned by cweyl were reassigned ownership to mmaslano,
> one of the comaintainers under the assumption that this was what the perl
> team would desire.
I was under the impression, it's the perl-sig's intention to have
packages which loose its primary maintainer, to be "colaboratively"
maintained. It's at least how I remember the situation when JPO had quit
and had left 100s of packages behind.

IIRC, back then, packages having had a co-maintainer had been assigned
to the 1st co-comaintainer or somebody having stood up to voluneer
filling the gap. Those remaining without maintainer were assigned to
"spot as placeholder", because the packagedb wasn't able to cope with
"maintainer == perl-sig".
I guess the packagedb situation hasn't sufficiently improved since then?

Anyway, I just noticed the iburrell packages also are on your list. IMO,
these should likely followup the "cweyl treatment", because much of perl
would not be usable without them.

Ralf