[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Jan 13 21:06:48 UTC 2012

> Each release, before branching, we block currently orphaned packages.
> It's that time again for Fedora 17.
>
> New this go-round is that we are also blocking packages that have
> failed to build since before Fedora 15.
>
> The following packages are currently orphaned, or fail to build. If
> you have a need for one of these packages, please pick them up.
>
> Due to the orphaning of packages due to inactive maintainers, this list
> is a little longer than normal.

But I think that many of then will be taken , like perl.
A few thoughts: No maintainer doesn't mean, for me, no package
maintained. So if history packages still working, I looked for some
tcl(s) packages like itcl , if no good motive to orphaning , I can
rebuild it :)
But my the point is many people volunteer to maintain many package in
above list.

> The script that generated this page can be found at
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/browser/scripts/find-unblocked-orphans.py
This script is supposed to run on my laptop , if I have a fas account
and keys to login on koji ?
If someone take a package when the list will be modified ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.