[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 14 18:12:58 UTC 2012

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Keeping packages around with no maintainers or people handling their
> bugs is poor for everyone.

Why? If I, as a user, really need a certain piece of software, I'd rather
have an unmaintained package than none at all! Worst case, I can't use the
package at all, in which case I'm still no worse off than with no package at
all! (And now with my packager hat on, fixing and/or updating a package in
the repo also requires less effort than unretiring a package which got
removed.)

        Kevin Kofler