[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 14 19:38:30 UTC 2012

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Thats your preference. Some people would be better off with another
> supported package that does something similar, or even a package from
> an upstream thats more up to date or functional.

That assumes such a package exists. I have no problems with packages getting
retired when there's really a better replacement which covers the use cases
of the original package (and ideally is officially designated as a
successor), in which case there should also be Obsoletes in place. But in
many cases, there is just no alternative at all to the dropped package, or
at least none that's actually packaged in Fedora.

        Kevin Kofler