Packaging guidelines for packaging vala bindings

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:21:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Eitherway I think we need some (minimalistic) guidelines on
> howto package vala bindings so that we can do this consistently
> and with proper directory ownership.

Note that the bindings provided by vala itself are installed in its
own directory /usr/share/vala-0.XX/vapi/. Other projects should not
put their bindings in this directory, but only in
/usr/share/vala/vapi, as you said.

I also prefer the vapi files are part of the -devel package, that
reduces the number of packages & depedency, and it's not worth the
split for a few kb.

--
Marc-André Lureau