How to send a package update

Julio Merino jmmv at julipedia.org
Mon Jan 16 15:46:13 UTC 2012

On 1/15/12 11:20 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Julio Merino wrote:
>
>> Also, I cannot tell if three years ago I gained some privileges that I
>> have now lost due to the conversion of the packages repository from cvs
>> to git.  For example, a "fedpkg clone" without the -a option fails due
>> to a permission denied (reason: publickey), although I have made sure
>> that my SSH key is up-to-date in the accounts system.
>>
>> Could anyone provide some pointers please?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO

I actually had read that (although it was non-trivial to reach).
However, this document assumes you already are a maintainer with access
to the repository and build systems.  What I was interested in finding
was some documentation that told me, a newbie (even if I had had
permissions before), how to do a package update and submit it for review.

Or: just consider a regular user that has never contributed any new
package but wants to send an update for an existing one.  What
information would be suitable to them?

> the permission denied thing may be due to:
> "Subject: IMPORTANT: Mandatory password and ssh key change by 2011-11-30"
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-October/003005.html

Not sure.  My account is marked as active and I have changed both my
password and SSH keys (yesterday).