Rebuild for GCC-4.7

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Jan 16 16:53:11 UTC 2012

El Wed, 4 Jan 2012 11:27:45 -0600
Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> escribió:
> starting immediatly there is going to be a mass rebuild of rawhide
> for gcc-4.7 that landed yesterday.
>
> as approved by FESCo (https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/739)
> packagers will have just over a week, until Thursday Jan 12 to build
> packages themselves. After that date releng will kick off an automated
> mass rebuild of everything else.
>
> So please get building as Fedora 17 branching is less than 5 weeks
> away. we need all built by then
>
> Thanks
>
> Releng

The Bulk of the mass rebuild is done and will shortly be tagged into
f17 http://ausil.fedorapeople.org/f17-failures.html is a list of the
packages that failed to build.  im working on double checking that we
attempted everything.

One thing that became clear during the mass rebuild is that people are
not following the proper procedure to retire packages
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
lists the current process.  I have some ideas on how to streamline
everything and will soon be taking steps to make the process simpler so
please keep an eye out. until then please do follow the procedure fully.

Dennis