Rebuild for GCC-4.7

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:14:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> One thing that became clear during the mass rebuild is that people are
> not following the proper procedure to retire packages
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
> lists the current process.  I have some ideas on how to streamline
> everything and will soon be taking steps to make the process simpler so
> please keep an eye out. until then please do follow the procedure fully.

It probably didn't help that the mass rebuild came right after the
mass orphaning. I've picked up and started retiring a few packages
that should have died a while ago but didn't; it's easy enough to
retire in pkgdb and git now, but still takes far too long to have
packages blocked in koji.

And "pkgdb-cli unorphan" doesn't seem to understand the difference
between orphaned and retired - it was quite happy to "unorphan"
packages that had been properly retired.

--
Iain.