[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 14:54:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 02:21 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> While that makes some sense, it was not my point. My point was that even if
> the package has NO maintainer, as long as it works, it's still better than
> no package at all!

Not true. A package that appears to work, has people using it, but has
no one maintaining it is likely to become a package that has exploitable
security issues.

I'm in favor of retiring unmaintained packages. At worst, it will
encourage someone to step up to re-add it if it is actually important.
This means a new package review, which is a good thing for dealing with
"specrot".