Packaging guidelines for packaging vala bindings

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:55:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> I agree with Ralf.  Vala files are meaningless except for people who
> care about vala, so they should go in a subpackage.

So is gobject-introspection then. Not everybody care about it, or
systemtap, gdb python macros, valgrind..

Furthermore I disagree that the vapi files are meaningless for people
who don't care about vala.

> More to the point, presumably if the vala files were included in
> *-devel, they'd also cause an explicit or implicit dependency on
> vala-devel, which would mean the vala toolchain being pulled in for
> many packages, and that's totally unacceptable.

But we don't care having implict&explicit depedency on a browser or python.

--
Marc-André Lureau