[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:00:58 UTC 2012

> Yes, I agree with this completely. If something is not being maintained
> in Fedora, it's better to retire it. Then a user who wants that piece of
> software will have two options:
> 1) They can build it and maintain it themselves on their own system(s)
> 2) They can choose to build and maintain it for Fedora by unretiring it.
>
> Either way, they will not be given a false sense that the package is
> being maintained.

Agreed and one thing that seems to be left out of this discussion is
that we are spending resource on those unmaintained packages (
hw+releng/proven packagers for example ).

Just to keep them rolling in and between releases which arguable could
be better spent elsewhere like on package that actually are being
maintained or to assist maintainers that are overloaded etc...

JBG